Friday, December 28, 2018

My Hebrew Heart : In Many Words

UNBELIEF leads to...

elaine_mesker-garcia_heart_shadow
  • HARDENED (10, 13, 15)
  • STRAYING (10, 12)
  • IGNORANT (10)
  • EVIL (12)
  • DECEITFUL (13)
  • REBELLIOUS (16)
  • SINFUL (17)
  • DISOBEDIENT (18)
...HEARTS.

Jeremiah 17:9 says, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?"

God can. God knows. "I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds." (Jer. 17:10)


WHAT OUR AIM SHOULD BE:
Hebrews 4:11-16
"Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience. For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And no creature is hidden from His sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."


GOD'S MANY PROMISES TO US:

Ezekiel 36:25-28
"I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And i will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules. You shall dwell in the land that I gave your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God. And I will deliver you from all your uncleannesses.

WHY WOULD HE DO THAT?
Ezekiel 36:22-23
"Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord God: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations to which you came. And I will vindicate the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, and which you have profaned among them. And the nations will know that I am the Lord, declares the Lord God, when through you I vindicate my holiness before their eyes."



My Hebrew Heart : In 100 Words

On good days, my heart is light, full of airy breezes and golden sunshine. I walk beside my Savior in fellowship and trusting faith. Pure, piercing Scripture for sustenance and the glory of God my eternal aim.

But increasingly, on bad days, my heart is desperately wicked, weighed down and hopeless, burdened by cares I refuse to relinquish. I do not believe God on these days, and I live in fear of losing Him.

I don’t understand it at all. When I might live in the light, why do I choose the darkness?

Sweet, sympathetic Priest, stand in the gap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive